Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"So, how are you feeling?"

I've been delaying this pre-departure post because I have had no idea what to write about. Thankfully, I just had dinner with one of my best friends and she simply asked me, "So, how are you feeling?" ... I guess I'll write about that. 

FACTS
I leave Wisconsin this Thursday, August 1st to start heading toward New York for the Dominican Volunteers Orientation/Retreat Week. From NY, I will fly to San Francisco, have a few days to adjust to my new city, get acquainted with my community, and prepare for the year of service ahead of me. 

FEELINGS
How am I feeling? There's a whole lot of feelings that I'm feeling right now. 

Nervous... 
about the new things to come. 
Sad... 
to say good-bye to the people close to me. 
Happy... 
that I have this amazing opportunity. 

Recently, in the times that I've doubted myself or felt the pain of saying good-bye, I try to remind myself WHY I'm doing this. When I'm at the edge of my comfort zone, that's when I thrive; I feel like I'm really living. This opportunity to live in San Francisco and work at the Immaculate Conception Academy will definitely place me at the cliff of my comfort zone and will most likely bring some challenges my way. However, as I've learned, following these obstacles is where personal growth flourishes. It's so easy to stay where I am and fall into the comfortableness of life. But, I want to seize this opportunity to embrace the large world and all it has to offer. 

When you start to do the things you love, good things will happen. 

Artistic awesomeness is from this awesome blogger



No comments:

Post a Comment