Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One year in, this is what I know: San Francisco

 Things I know to be true after a year in SF.
  • I've aged a few years in one year
  • Running is my release 
  • Teaching isn't my thing
  • San Francisco is warm in the 'winter' and cold in the 'summer'
  • I won the DV NCAA Tournament Bracket
  • Everyone has a story, and I'm a part of only one small section of a chapter
  • I am too dependent on my smartphone
  • Science asks how, religion and spirituality asks why
  • The best time to visit San Francisco is October-April -- cheaper, better weather/not as much fog, less crazy
  • There is an importance of saying thank you and expressing how I feel and what I'm thinking
  • People are generally good
  • There's something special about San Francisco-- the people, the transportation system, the food, the memories made there, the weather, the hills? Something really special
  • The food is healthier in SF than the Midwest
  • Not everyone can say they've lived with 15 nuns
  • No one can make me feel inferior without my consent
  • I am worthy of love and belonging-- thank you, Brene Brown
  • Moving is getting really old
  • I'm excited and a little terrified for the future 
  • Playing piano and guitar and singing can be the best medicine 
  • Goodbyes aren't forever, unless I want them to be

1 comment:

  1. MP I love this list! I can relate to some of the points on this list. Best of luck and many prayers sent your way as you start the next journey in your life.

    ReplyDelete