This is what I know so far:
- Duvets are incredibly warm, but getting the duvet into the duvet cover is an impossible task for me.
- My classmates wear lots of makeup.
- I came here thinking that I would learn a little of the Irish language, but I've been learning more of the German language. (Approximately 99% of the international students here are German speakers and are teaching me both useful and not-so-useful words/phrases... BAUM!)
- Salsa dancing is my new favorite Friday night activity.
- Although I miss my family and friends a lot (and wish they could visit... and wish we would Skype more), I'm not as homesick as I thought I would be.
- Though not really preferred, I can survive without a wi-fi connection.
- The 'Irish time of arrival' is very similar to that of the 'Latin American time of arrival'... always a wee bit late.
- Sleeping until noon is no longer impossible for me. In fact, it is a little too possible.
- My house here actually feels like a home... and my housemates feel like my family.
- A chat with mom, a hot cup of tea, and a nap fixes anything.
- Belfast isn't touristy; it's real... and I LOVE that about this city.
- I've stopped trying to convert things... temperature, 24-hour clock, distance/measurement, time back home, etc. Instead, it's been a heartfelt guessing game.
- The content in my religious studies classes is all very similar to that at Edgewood, but the way the professors arrive at the conclusions of the subjects is very different. (More reflection to come on this)
- It's so freeing to have time. This is what it's like to be a normal college student (kind of)!??! On a normal day at Edgewood, I would go to an RA Meeting, work at the CAC, be on duty, make a poster for RLAB, work in Res Life, catch up on the billion emails in my inbox, go to rehearsals, plan music for mass, and write a paper really quickly in the middle of the night. Right now, my job is to travel, go to class, live in Belfast, meet people, have fun. It is beautiful.
- Finally, time moves way too quickly.
sounds like a great time!! let's skyle soon!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteyes yes! lemme know when!
Delete