Despite the fact that I've got a nasty cold that has me stuck in bed, wrapped up in my duvet sneezing and coughing, Belfast has been pretty good to me so far.
Here's a re-cap on the past week...
 |
| With the DeLorean... I didn't go back to the future |
- Last Friday, I bought way too many clothes at Primark (it's a store, the closest US equivalent would be Target... good, cheap clothes). Then, at night, I went salsa dancing again. Danced with a few really bad dancers, but also danced with a couple really good ones. ;)
- I walked around the entire city with Irene, Sarah, Haley, Julia, and Anja on Saturday. The entire city. I should have worn my hiking boots. That night, I went to listen to some live music at a well-known pub downtown... No lie, it is called 'Filthy McNastys.' It wasn't filthy or nasty. Actually, it reminded me of something that could be found in Madison :)
- On Sunday, I got to see the DeLorean at the Transport Museum! It did not take me back to November 5, 1955, therefore I cannot confirm nor deny that it was a real time machine. Still really fun to see!
- Monday, I met up with Cara-- an Edgewood friend also studying in Belfast-- at Lavery's for some traditional Irish music. She got to meet at least 50% of my international friends. Wherever we go, we travel as a wolf pack. When you see one erasmus (what the international students are called here), you see many erasmus.
- I decided to stay home from my classes on Tuesday and attempt to get rid of my cold. By the afternoon, I felt a wee bit better and auditioned for Grease! St. Mary's is doing a short version in December. Crossing my fingers that I get a part!
 |
| At the Bushmills Whiskey Distillery |
- Wednesday was a travel day... Bushmills Whiskey Distillery and Giant's Causeway. Unfortunately, the free sample of Bushmills Whiskey and being outside all afternoon didn't make my cold any better. The Causeway was beautiful... just breathtaking! Of course, I forgot to charge my camera for this trip. The only picture I got on my real camera was a shot of my free whiskey. Great.
 |
| Giants Causeway: If you squint, you can see the full rainbow |
 |
| Some of my fellow erasmus students at the Giants Causeway |
MP-I am enjoying following your fun. Try to find Lemsip, it worked wonders for me and my cold, I recommend the pills though, not the dissolving stuff, doesn't work as good. -MB
ReplyDeleteThanks Michael!! I'll look for it! :)
ReplyDeleteHi MP! So glad to see you're having so much fun! We think of you often!
ReplyDeleteThanks Missy!! I miss you all in the office!!! How's Mr. Phish? :)
Delete