Thursday, April 10, 2014

25 things I will do before I turn 25

The idea to make this list came to me when I decided that I wanted to run a half marathon. It's a big thing to try to do, especially as a not-so-much-of-a-runner. I needed a timeline... and 25 seemed like a good, reasonable cut off. What else do I want to do for the next year and four months? Well... here we go...
  1. Run a half marathon
  2. Run a 10K
  3. Lose 25 pounds
  4. Travel to Canada
  5. Live in Chicago
  6. Sing/play guitar on the street (and make enough $ to buy myself one beer)
  7. Go a week without touching my cell phone
  8. Wear the tiger print dress out for a night
  9. Not buy a new computer
  10. Attend an Ingrid Michaelson Concert... or two
  11. Start saving for my retirement... and figure out what that actually means
  12. Go to Disneyland
  13. Rent a car
  14. Learn how to drive a manual 
  15. Write a letter to myself and take time to read it on my 25th birthday
  16. Actively work on my Spanish 
  17. Read 25 books
  18. Donate blood
  19. Drink only water for a month (no beer, milk, juice, etc.)
  20. Compose a song
  21. Throw a party for a friend
  22. Buy a spontaneous/last minute round-trip plane ticket for a weekend 
  23. Visit 25 States (counting the few I've already been to)
  24. Make a payment to my student loans
  25. Start a conversation with someone on public transportation 

Hold me to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment