Friday, July 6, 2012

Today, I am visiting the travel agent

In 74 days I will start school at St. Mary's University in Belfast... and I couldn't be more nervous, excited, giddy, enthused. EEEEKKK! I'm actually doing this... it's happening! No turning back!

Promptly at noon today, I have a meeting with a travel agent. Gosh, that sounds so sophisticated. Travel Agent! Don't be fooled, I have no idea what I'm doing. Hence, the use of the travel agent. 

If someone would have told me four years ago (the summer before I started my freshman year at Edgewood) that I would be studying in Northern Ireland for a semester, or that I would have gone to Guatemala (twice), or New York, or London... I would not have believed them. HA! (I still can't really believe it..)

This summer, I'm working in the Residence Life Office at Edgewood. It's been so fun working with all the new freshmen-- answering questions, figuring out their housing. It's made me think about how I felt four years ago and how nervous, excited, giddy, and enthused I was to be starting this new journey called "COLLEGE." 

Now, I'm starting a new journey. It's called: "MP is traveling across the Atlantic and studying in Belfast for a semester and is really nervous, but also really excited." 

Follow my journey. Wish me luck and give me advice. Tell me a joke. Or, just be there for me when I start to get overwhelmed (because that will happen). 

I'm so happy to share this moment in my life with you! More to come! : )

2 comments: