I'm writing this from my iPod at a beautiful hostel in Donegal, do bare with me. :)
Everything is WONDERFUL here in Ireland! I arrived on Tuesday 11 September after traveling for a total of 24 hours from my home in Darlington to my new home in Belfast. I was tired and a bit delirious from the lack of sleep. Traveling by myself was one of my biggest fears going into the trip, but it turned out to be a breeze. A bit boring, but not bad.
Being first in the house on Cavendish, I was able to choose the best room in the house :) I'll post picture of my room soon. (I'm having trouble with my camera.)
A few other international students are here already. They seem great! Laura and Sarah, both from Germany, joined me in our first shopping trip to the downtown area of Belfast. My favorite of all the stores was Poundland -- everything is a British Pound. Basically, it's a Dollar Store with EVERYTHING you need (Nutella, Sketchy DVDs, even sketchier hair dye, notebooks, and most importantly.... FAKE MUSTACHES!!).
I have sooo much more to tell you all, but my iPod is dying (and it's no fun to tell a story without pictures)!
Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. This is going to be an amazing time!
No comments:
Post a Comment